Monday, September 19, 2011

Blog 1: The Cave and I

At some point of my life I believed in religion. Every Sunday morning my parents would drag me out of bed and force me to go to church and every Sunday night my grandmother would tell me and my brothers about how god walked the earth. She would say he was the creator of all living things. He created the land we walk on. At the time I was 8 years old, I would have believed anything. After a couple of years I realized my classmates followed different religions. How was that possible? How can everyone follow a different belief if my grandmother told me God created all. If God created all, why was my classmate refusing to go to church with me on Sunday? Why did she tell me her parents don’t believe in one god but many? Going into Middle School I was introduced to more religions. Every class I attend there was a numerous amount of students with different beliefs. At this point of my life I was confused. I questioned weather the fact there was even a god.  One Sunday I decided to skip church I told my mom I wasn’t going. I told her I didn’t believe there was god and that’s when she signed me up for religion class which I attended  every Wednesday evening. Religion class was basically everything they would talk to us about in church but it still didn’t convince me that there was really a god. I asked my teacher what he believed and he said “As long as everyone has something to believe in, the world will be sane”, which made sense to me. If society didn’t believe in anything, everyone would be chaotic. Everyone needs to believe in something so that less questions would be asked about religion.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment